Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Freedom: belonging

I have been in a dark place lately. I have been consumed with thoughts of my faith, beliefs and belonging. This morning I woke with prayer in my mind. I love it when the first thought that comes to my mind, the first connection I feel with the world before I even open my eyes is of, to and with God. This morning as I was laying there praying I was taking to him again thoughts of to which group of believers do I belong. I was told that I don't belong to either. I belong to Him. I belong to Him. That seems so simple and I should have already known it. I did know it. How had I forgotten something so important?

Worry, thoughts of the world of people and belonging can really take the joy out of a person. My inner most being even though I was still talking to God and reading his word was grey, heavy and felt empty. Today, this morning, my inner most being is heavy and full. Today my inner most being has been pressed down, shaken together and is running over. How is it when you feel so joyful, excited, happy and blessed that you almost can't breathe? That is me this morning. That is because I belong to Him! I belong to Him! I belong to Him!

I don't belong to this group of believers or that group of believers....I belong to Him.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee;
Holy, holy, holy, merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who was, and is, and evermore shall be.

Holy, holy, holy! though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man Thy glory may not see;
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.

Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shall praise Thy Name, in earth, and sky, and sea;
Holy, holy, holy; merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!


No comments:

Post a Comment